The Women's Centre provides support, advice, learning, information and volunteering for women
What the Women’s Centre offers?
- Freedom Programme
- “Survivors” self help support group meetings
- Domestic Abuse 'drop in' service
- Benefits Advice 'drop in'
- Legal Advice 'drop in'
- Rooms for Hire
- Free access to the internet & computer
- General information leaflets & advice
- Health drop-in sessions inc; Stopping Smoking, Healthy Eating, Sexual Health
- Craft based workshop sessions
- Voluntary/training experience in Centre reception/admin
- The large training room seats about 20 people and costs £10 per hour
- The smaller meeting rooms seat about 12 people and cost £8 per hour
- We also have small counselling rooms for one-to-one sessions / supervisions etc., at £7 per hour
These rates may be negotiable, especially for full days; please give us a call.
Refreshments can be provided and buffets can be ordered in.
Volunteering at the Women’s Centre
Women can volunteer at the centre - undertaking admin and reception duties. They answer the telephone, take bookings, meet and greet women etc. Many volunteers encounter a variety of new challenges when they begin giving time to help others. Sharing new experiences with new people also helps them to learn skills that can give them confidence to face challenges in other areas of their lives.
If you would like to have a look around or speak to us about what activities are on please phone Janice on 575757.
What women get when they attend the Centre:
- Have positive experiences
- Have easy access to support workers
- Feel more confident and will feel better about themselves
- Feel more in control and informed and will have more choices
- Feel part of a support network and feel they can contribute to the service
- Enjoy learning in a supportive environment and so increase their life and social skills
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU